AJYAL International School’s Mission
We are here to deliver on Bin Omeir Education Foundation’s vision of each and every one of our students achieving Significant Learning Outcomes.We seek to developour students’ in depth academic knowledge and help them use and effectively communicate it at school, in everyday life and in their future careers. We enable them to work across cultural and social boundaries as they demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and high levels of self-awareness leading them to have a clear vision of what they want to be, and always keep in mind, and work towards, the highest of values. We endeavour to help our students to actively pursue new interests, live life to the full, as lifelong learners, and become citizens of the world, proud of their national heritage.
AJYAL International Schools Commit to
- Offering students an education that is meaningful and relevant to their personal, academic, and social life using the Significant Learning Model;
- Providing active learning experiences, avoiding rote learning;
- Using means of assessment that are educative in nature (assessment for learning), qualitative and quantitative, standardised, frequent, performance–based (criterion and standards) and involving self-assessment;
- Aligning our teaching and assessment activities to Significant Learning Outcomes by a process referred to as backward design;
- Collecting wide-ranging performance data to continuously improve learning and teaching, curriculum provision, and institutional efficacy;
- Using technology to enhance learning, and not just to facilitate teaching;
- Providing continuous professional development to all our staff; and
- Adhering to the highest standards of student physical safety, health and personal well-being.